Breakfast and brunch can be extra special with these squash pancakes! Make a sweet peanut butter drizzle to go with the pancakes.
Squash Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle Recipe
Squash Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 cups pumpkin or squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 200-gram pack pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 medium Egg
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 Cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Butter for frying and serving
- Melt butter in a large nonstick frying pan. Lightly season pumpkin chunks with salt. Add to the pan, and cook until tender, stirring regularly. Mash. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool. Wipe pan clean. Set aside.
- Whisk the pancake mix and spices in a large bowl.
- Beat egg, oil, milk, and pumpkin in the bowl of a food processor until pumpkin is mixed in. Dump pancake mixture into the food processor, and process until the mixture is just combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Reheat the frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan surface with butter. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto the pan. Cook until pancake s surface bubbles and the bottom is firm. Flip, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with butter and peanut butter drizzle. Recipe originally published in the November 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.