Special occasions call for indulging! You can serve steak with omelet for breakfast: present the dish with crusty bread and a green salad to make the morning meal even more filling.
WATCH: Tips to Cooking Great Steak Posted in: Cooking
Steak Omelet Recipe
Why not serve juicy steak strips for breakfast?
Steak Omelet Ingredients
- vegetable oil
- 500 Grams steak (use tenderloin steak)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 native tomato diced, plus extra to serve
- handful cilantro (wansoy) leaves plus extra to serve
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Sear beef until cooked to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing into strips. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, cumin, and paprika in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a 6-inch nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and cook for about 3 minutes. Top with tomatoes and cilantro. Cover and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until set. Remove from heat.
- Arrange steak slices on one side of the omelet. Fold omelet in half and top with more tomatoes and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW