Steak Sandwich Recipe
Bacon is swapped out for steak in an "SLT" sandwich that's perfect for baon or merienda.
Steak Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 kilo Beef (use tenderloin (center cut)), fat and silver skin trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 cups Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 pieces baguette (French bread) sliced in half and toasted
- 6 to 8 pieces lettuce leaves
- Salt to taste
- Combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large zip-top bag; marinatein the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef until medium-rare, about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to brown the sides.
- Toss tomatoes in mayonnaise. Line the bottom half of a baguette with lettuce. Top with tomatoes and beef; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with the top bread half. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW