Interesting side dishes makes a steak dinner even more enjoyable!
Steak with Spinach, Caramelized Onions, and Honeyed Carrots Recipe
Steak with Spinach, Caramelized Onions, and Honeyed Carrots Ingredients
- 4 large carrot peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 bunch kale washed stems removed
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 large onion sliced
- 2 pieces Beef use rib-eye steak
- In a pot, boil carrots for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain off water. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil and place skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, honey, and vinegar. Stir to coat. Let cook for about a minute. Sprinkle with black pepper. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Melt butter and add onions. Let the onions cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place steak in a preheated skillet over medium heat. Let cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for medium doneness, or more according to your preferred doneness. Remove from pan and let steak rest.
- Using the same pan placed over medium heat, drizzle oilive oil, add spinach and allow to wilt, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble steak, carrots, onions, spinach on to a plate. Serve with steamed rice if preferred.