This simple steamed chicken recipe is good for quick dinners or days when you need something fuss-free or comforting to munch on.
Steamed Chicken Recipe
Steamed Chicken Ingredients
- 2 chicken breast fillets halved
- 2 chicken leg quarters halved
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup ginger grated
- 3/4 Cup canola oil
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Toss chicken in soy sauce, Chinese wine, sesame oil, and water in a large bowl. Marinate and chill overnight.
- Make sauces: Mix ginger, canola oil, and enough salt to season. Set aside. Mix soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Bring steamer to a simmer according to manufacturer’s instructions. Drain chicken from marinade. Steam until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Use a spatula to lift chicken from steamer. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Serve immediately sauces. Recipe originally published in the August 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.