Try this savory custard inspired by chawanmushi, a Japanese dish. Bring this pudding dessert to your table in a sweet and tasty treat for your family! Always end your meal on a sweet note.
Steamed Egg and Shrimp Pudding Recipe
Steamed Egg and Shrimp Pudding Ingredients
- 8 medium Egg
- 1 Cup Dashi Soup Stock cooled
- 2 teaspoons sake (japanese rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 medium Shrimp peeled, deveined, and chopped
- sea salt
- green onion chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat a steamer. Stir eggs; do not beat. Add stock, sake, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Divide shrimps into 4 portions. Arrange on the bottom of 4 individual baking dishes.
- Strain egg mixture and portion equally among the baking dishes.
- Steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pudding is almost firm yet still jiggles when shaken. Top with a sprinkling of sea salt and green onions.