Love Japanese cuisine? Stock your pantry with sake, soy sauce, and mirin so you can easily replicate your restaurant favorites in your own kitchen. Start with this tasty steamed fish dish.
Japanese Steamed Fish Recipe
Japanese Steamed Fish Ingredients
- 2 pieces cream dory use fillet
- 1/2 Cup carrot julienned
- 1/2 Cup enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup sake (japanese rice wine)
- 1/4 Cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup mirin (japanese sweet rice wine)
- Pepper to taste
- cilantro (wansoy) (leaves), for garnish (optional)
- Pat dry fish fillets and place on a square piece of foil large enough to enclose fillets completely. Top fish with carrots and mushrooms.
- Combine sake, soy sauce, mirin, and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over fish, making sure the foil holds in the liquid. Fold foil to enclose fish and mixture; fold and tuck in sides to secure. Marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare a steamer over medium heat. Steam fish parcels for 15 minutes or until fish is completely cooked. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.