Laced with a hint of citrus, this moist chocolate cake recipe will surely make hearts go aflutter. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it even better. The best part? You don’t need an oven to make it.
Steamed Orange Chocolate Cake Recipe
Steamed Orange Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter, sugar, evaporated milk, orange zest, and juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg and vanilla. Add butter-sugar mixture. Whisk together until combined.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to milk-egg mixture.
- Pour cake batter into a 5-inch cake pan and cover with foil. Place a wire rack inside a large pot. Pour in enough water to create steam. Place cake pan on top of the rack and cover the pot with a lid. Steam over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache: Combine cream, orange zest, and orange juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until warmed. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Place chocolate cake on a wire rack. Pour ganache over cake, making sure to glaze all sides. Let stand at room temperature to set.