Chicken wings are an easy favorite: make your usual wings taste new by giving it a bbq-honey glaze. Always season your chicken with salt and ground pepper, regardless of sauces, dips, or rubs, so each bite is, without fail, a tasty one.
Sticky BBQ-Honey Wings Recipe
It's hard to resist these chicken wings!
Sticky BBQ-Honey Wings Ingredients
- 1 1/4 kilo chicken wings wing tips removed, cut into drumsticks and flats
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 Cup honey more for basting
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper Optional
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Dry chicken wings well with paper towels. In a large bowl, season wings generously with salt and ground black pepper. Mix well. Cover, and set aside.
- Mix garlic, barbecue sauce, honey, sugar, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Pour about 1 inch of oil in a deep saute pan over medium heat. Place a candy thermometer into the oil, and heat until at least 350?F. Add wings, making sure they don’t crowd the pan. Cook until wings float to the surface and are cooked through. Place in the bowl with sauce while hot, and toss. Transfer to a baking tray, ensuring none of the wings are overlapping. Repeat with remaining wings. Brush with honey.
- Broil wings until lightly charred, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Pack in food containers. Recipe originally published in the March 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW