Ube makes the classic sticky rice creamier and more colorful!
Sticky Rice in Ube-Coconut Sauce Recipe
Sticky Rice in Ube-Coconut Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup glutinous rice
- 2 cups water divided, more as needed
- 3/4 Cup coconut milk powder
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1/4 Cup halaya (ube jam)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 piece ripe mango diced
- In a small bowl, soak rice in 1 cup water overnight or at least an hour.
- Pour rice and its water into a saucepan. Sprinkle in coconut milk powder, sugar, and salt. Place over medium heat and whisk until sugar and salt dissolve. Bring to a gentle simmer to prevent the pot from overflowing. Do not boil. Cook until the liquid is absorbed by the rice, adding more water as needed until the rice is tender. Cook off any excess liquid and turn off heat. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make ube-coconut sauce: In another saucepan, whisk halaya and sugar into the coconut cream until dissolved. Place over medium heat and bring mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring at regular intervals to prevent burning. Once thickened, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, scoop sticky rice onto plates with diced mangoes and drizzle the sauce over rice. Serve.