This stir-fried shrimp recipe is quick and easy. It makes use of the popular Taiwanese three-cup sauce: it isn’t just for chicken! Try it with shrimp, calamari, or fish fillets, too.
Stir-Fried Shrimp Recipe
Stir-Fried Shrimp Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup sesame oil, divided
- 1 kilo Shrimp large, trimmed
- 10 cloves Garlic chopped
- 5 2-inch pieces ginger sliced thinly
- 1/2 Cup Light soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup white rice wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Thai basil fresh
- rice or rice noodles to serve
- Heat ¼ cup sesame oil in a large wok. Stir-fry shrimps until they change color and are crisp on the outside, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour in remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice wine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar then basil. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with rice or rice noodles.