Turn your kid’s favorite summer drink into his new favorite sweet treat–it’s just as refreshing! Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter cubed and chilled
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup strawberry filling strained and placed in a piping bag
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter cubed and chilled
- 1/3 Cup Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice plus more as needed
- rainbow sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one a time. Mix on low speed then add vanilla extract.
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour in 3 additions, alternating with milk in two additions into the butter mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, carve a hole on each cupcake using an apple corer or a knife; remove and clean excess crumbs. Fill holes with strawberry filling. Set aside.
- Make the buttercream: In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and shortening. Once the butter has softened and had become creamy, add the vanilla. Gradually add the confectioner's sugar, ½ cup at a time, on low-medium speed. Add lemon juice, to taste, and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Ice filled cupcakes and decorate with rainbow sprinkles.