These mushroom caps are stuffed with tasty cream cheese, garlic, and parsley. There even potato chips for extra crunch! Serve this mushroom dish as an appetizer at your next weekend dinner.
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients
- 1 200-gram pack baby portobello mushrooms brushed clean, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Cup potato chips crushed
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese softened
- parsely Chopped, for garnish
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms; set aside caps. Finely chop stems.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, then chopped mushroom stems, stirring until softened.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, then crushed potato chips. Remove from heat, and add cream cheese. Stir to mix.
- Use a spoon to fill each mushroom cap with potato chip mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until mushroom caps are cooked through, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with more crushed potato chips and parsley before serving. Recipe originally published in the December 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.