Try making this pork dish on a weekend! When roasting or baking, dry heat from the oven gently cooks your dish without large amounts of oil or butter. To boost the flavor of your roast, season the meat generously with herbs and spices.
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables Ingredients
- 2 500-gram pieces pork tenderloin
- Salt to taste
- dash of ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 Cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion minced
- 1/2 Cup fresh shiitake mushrooms diced
- 250 Grams spinach leaves about 4 loosely-packed cups, washed and dried
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 lage Egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Cup squash peeled and diced
- 1 Cup carrots peeled and diced
- 1 Cup orange sweet potatoes (kamote) peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butterfly each pork tenderloin by slicing halfway through the center. Cover with plastic wrap and pound to desired thickness using a meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Mix together garlic, basil, rosemary, and parsley in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl; let cool. Add Parmesan cheese and egg; mix.
- Spread filling on the long edge of the pork. Roll tightly and secure with toothpicks. Spread mustard on the pork rolls, then sprinkle with herb mixture. Reserve 1 tablespoon herb mixture for the vegetables.
- Place pork on a rack set on top of a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes. Lower temperature to 350°F and roast for 30 minutes more or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pork registers 160°F.
- Make the roasted vegetables: Toss vegetables in olive oil. Sprinkle with reserved herb mixture, salt, and pepper. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, add vegetables to the pan with the pork. Roast until tender.
- Before serving, remove toothpicks and slice rolls into ½-inch-thick pieces. Serve with roasted vegetables on the side.