Adobong pusit gets an upgrade with the addition of a tasty meat filling. Experiment with flavors by using crabmeat or shrimp instead of pork.
Stuffed Squid Adobo Recipe
Stuffed Squid Adobo Ingredients
- 300 Grams pork use ground pork
- 2 tablespoons carrot grated
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic minced
- 1 medium Egg
- Salt to taste
- 1 kilo Squid (Pusit) cleaned, with ink sacs left on
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onion
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Make the meat stuffing: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Fry 1 teaspoon of stuffing to check seasoning. Adjust as needed.
- Stuff each squid with 1 to 2 tablespoons meat stuffing, depending on the size of the squid. Seal the opening with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a pot or wok over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and bay leaves; sauté just until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and stuffed squid. Cover pot, lower heat, and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Mix well. Simmer for 6 to 10 more minutes or until sauce is reduced to ¼, making sure the sauce doesn’t dry out. Discard bay leaves and remove toothpicks. Serve hot.