Pusit, or squid, is a delight to cook and eat! This squid recipe makes this seafood favorite more flavorful with a stuffing of cheese, spinach and herbs. Try it at home!
Stuffed Squid Recipe
Stuffed Squid Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 600 Grams squid small to medium-sized, cleaned and ink sacs removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic grated
- 1/4 Cup frozen spinach thawed and chopped
- 1 225-gram bar cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1/2 Cup native tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- lemon wedges to garnish
- Make the marinade: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add squid, mix well, and set aside.
- Make the stuffing: Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Combine spinach, cream cheese, basil, and oregano in a bowl; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each squid with stuffing until ¾ full. Seal openings with toothpicks.
- Heat oil on a grill or grill pan. Grill squid for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes. Add parsley; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove toothpicks from squid. Place squid on a plate and pour sauce over. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.