Looking for a fruity dessert this summer? This easy gelatin recipe has strawberry, nata de coco, and gelatin layers that will make this a fun after-meal snack.
Summer Gelatin Recipe
Summer Gelatin Ingredients
- 120 Grams strawberries drained
- 85 Grams strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 7 Grams unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 sheets gelatin
- 4 cups water (cold), divided
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 100 Grams nata de coco (jelly made from coconut water) drained
- strawberries for garnish
- Prepare 10 to 12 small (1-cup or 1 1/2-cup capacity) containers or serving glasses.
- Make the bottom layer: Divide drained strawberries among serving glasses and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Mix together. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into prepared serving glasses, leaving enough space for another layer. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the top layer: Bloom leaf gelatin in 2 cups cold water. Set aside for 5 minutes until gelatin softens.
- Combine remaining 2 cups water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add bloomed gelatin. Set aside.
- Place drained nata de coco cubes on top of the prepared bottom gelatin layer, making sure that it has already set. Pour in leaf gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until set, around 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry slices before serving cold.