This easy chicken dish is a pleaser: this Asian-style chicken recipe combines soy sauce, vinegar, and pineapple juice for a medley of tangy and sweet flavors.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Sweet and Sour Chicken Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 1 kilo Chicken (use breast part), deboned
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium onion cut into quarters
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into big cubes
- 1 Cup pineapple chunks (juice reserved)
- 1 medium carrot sliced into chunks
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Make the breading: Combine the salt, pepper, all purpose flour and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and fry until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and set aside.
- In another pre-heated pan, saute the onion, red bell pepper, pineapple chunks, and carrots in oil.
- Add the soy sauce and ketchup and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the juice from the pineapple and let it simmer again for 5 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the fried chicken pieces or serve separately in a dipping bowl.