The touch of sweetness in this ham complements the tangy compote. Got leftovers? Turn them into grilled ham and cheese sandwiches or ham and vegetable omelets.
Sweet Ham with Pineapple Sauce Recipe
The touch of sweetness in this ham complements the tangy compote.
Sweet Ham with Pineapple Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup canned pineapple drained, chopped, plus 1/2 cup of the liquid
- 1 Cup apricot jam
- 6 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 kilos sweet ham thawed
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Make the compote: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes or until syrupy. Reserve ¼ cup.
- Place ham on a wire rack set on top of a baking tray. Brush ham with reserved compote.
- Roast ham in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with the rest of the compote on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW