In this creamy bowl of comfort, the sweetness of kamote is complemented by the bold flavors of chorizo. A perfect Saturday afternoon soup!
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Soup Recipe
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Soup Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 500 Grams orange sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 200 Grams Spanish chorizo slcied and divided
- 30-50 Grams parsley sprigs chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 Cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Cup All-purpose cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, sweet potatoes, about 150 grams Spanish chorizo, parsley, and curry powder. Mix well and cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and water. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Add cream and cool for 15 minutes. Pour soup into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Do this in batches.
- Heat remaining oil in a small frying pan. Fry remaining chorizo just until cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Divide soup among bowls and garnish with chorizo, parsley, and croutons, if desired.