Here’s how to make sweet potato fries at home! Use the orange variety of sweet potato, or kamote, for the best results. They are naturally sweet and are delicious with a generous sprinkle of salt!
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients
- 4 large orange sweet potatoes (kamote)
- 3 to 4 cups cups canola oil
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Peel orange sweet potatoes and cut into 2x¹?³-inch sticks. Boil sweet potatoes just until tender but not mushy, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat canola or vegetable oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot fitted with a deep-fry thermometer until temperature registers 350°F. Deep-fry sweet potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a wire rack and season immediately.