Convince your kids to eat their vegetables by topping vitamin A-packed sweet potatoes with toasted marshmallows and crispy bacon!
Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Candied Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 375 Grams sweet potato (kamote) peeled and diced
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallows
- 1/3 Cup bacon use bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugars, and butter in a saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Turn off heat and mash sweet potato mixture with a large fork or a potato masher until slightly smooth but still chunky.
- Portion mixture among 4 (3-inch) ramekins. Top each cup with marshmallows.
- Bake in the preheated oven (or in a turbo broiler set at 200°C) until marshmallows are melted and golden, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with bacon bits and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm.