Herbs in salads bring out fresh flavors to a whole new level. Make and share this hearty Tabbouleh with Roasted Bell Peppers recipe in 5 easy steps!
Tabbouleh with Roasted Bell Peppers Recipe
Tabbouleh with Roasted Bell Peppers Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup water (or vegetable or chicken stock)
- 1/2 Cup instant couscous
- 1/2 piece yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 piece red bell pepper
- 1/2 piece green bell pepper
- 6 pieces Cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 piece Cucumber diced
- 1/2 Cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 1 piece red onion minced
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 juice of lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Bring water or stock to a boil. remove from heat and add couscous. Stir to evenly moisten the couscous. Cover the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Gently break grains apart and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, roast the bell peppers by placing them on an open gas flame. Turn frequently using tongs until all sides are blackened and charred, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a container, cover with plastic wrap or foil, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel roasted bell peppers, remove seeds and stems, and dice. Set aside.
- Transfer the cooked couscous to a bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint, green onions, red onions, raisins, roasted bell peppers, and lemon juice. Mix well and season to taste.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Serve chilled.