This lumpia recipe combines Mexican and Filipino flavors. It’s a guaranteed hit!
Taco Lumpia Recipe
Taco Lumpia Ingredients
- 250 Grams Ground beef
- 1 medium white onion minced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Cup cabbage shredded
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (we used McCormick)
- egg white from 1 egg
- 16 pieces Lumpia wrappers (6x6-inch wrappers)
- 100 Grams quick-melting cheese sliced into ½-inch-thick sticks
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup store-bought salsa
- hot sauce to serve
- sour cream to serve
- Combine beef, onions, garlic, parsley, cabbage, taco seasoning, and egg white; mix well.
- Lay a lumpia wrapper on a flat surface. Place 1 tablespoon beef mixture on the center then top with a cheese stick. Fold bottom and sides of the wrapper then roll tightly. Dab edges with water to seal. Repeat with the rest of the beef mixture.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Fry lumpia in batches until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a wire rack. Let cool for at least 2 minutes. Serve warm with salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream.