These melt-in-your-mouth pork pieces can also be sandwiched in between cuapao buns! Yummywill guide you on how to make this authentic Chinese braised pork belly recipe in three easy steps!
Tender Chinese Braised Pork Belly Recipe
Tender Chinese Braised Pork Belly Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo whole pork (use pork belly), sliced into 2-inch-thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup dark soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chinese rice cooking wine
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1 piece (1inch) ginger peeled and grated
- 8 sprigs green onion chopped
- rice (steamed), to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pork belly; reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove pork from water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Brown pork belly on all sides.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauces, wine, sugar, ginger, and green onions in a large stockpot; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to simmer; add pork and cover. Simmer until meat is very tender, about 1/2 to 2 hours, adding water as needed to keep pork submerged in liquid.