Beef sirloin makes an excellent cut for grilled beef skewers. Let a handful of herbs and pantry staples bring you to the streets of Thailand with this beef skewers recipe!
6 Things to Remember When Grilling Posted in: Cooking
Thai Beef Skewers Recipe
Beef sirloin makes an excellent cut for grilled beef skewers.
Thai Beef Skewers Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 500 Grams Ground beef
- 3 tablespoons white onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Cup red onions quartered
- 1 Cup tomatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes sliced
- 1 Cup red bell peppers sliced
- 1/3 Cup red onions sliced
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Switch to broiler option if available, or place rack on the topmost rung. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Combine beef, onions, parsley, and spices in a bowl; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Thread an onion quarter onto each metal skewer or thick barbecue stick. Take about ½-cup portions of the beef mixture and shape into logs. Skewer logs with barbecue sticks and reshape. Thread a tomato quarter on each end.
- Place beef skewers on baking sheet then brush with oil. Broil in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked. (Alternatively, you can grill the skewers on a grill pan or a charcoal grill.)
- Make the tomato and bell pepper salad: Toss all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Garnish skewers with parsley, if desired. Serve tomato and bell pepper salad on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW