Grilling is an excellent way to cut fat without sacrificing flavor—anything grilled has a distinct smoky taste. In this updated burger recipe, Thai herbs and spices are used instead of just plain old salt.
Thai Chicken Burgers Recipe
Thai Chicken Burgers Ingredients
- 1 can canned pineapple tidbits drained well
- 1 piece Cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 750 Grams Chicken use ground chicken
- 1/4 Cup cilantro (wansoy) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup lemongrass (tanglad) finely chopped
- 4 pieces kaffir lime leaf chopped finely (optional)
- 3 tablespoons red onion minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 pieces red chili pepper (siling labuyo) seeded and minced
- 1/2 Cup store-bought red curry paste
- 1 piece Egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 6 pieces Whole-Wheat Burger Buns halved and toasted
- 6 pieces lettuce leaves
- Make the cucumber-pineapple relish: Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the Sriracha mayonnaise: Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the burger patties: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Fry a tablespoon of the mixture and taste to check the seasoning. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Fry patties in batches for about 3 minutes on each side, turning once. Add remaining oil to the pan and fry remaining burger patties.
- To assemble, spread a tablespoon of Sriracha mayonnaise on the insides of a hamburger bun. Place a lettuce leaf and burger patty on the bottom half of a bun. Top patty with cucumber-pineapple relish and more mayonnaise. Cover with top half of the bun. Repeat to make a total of 6 sandwiches.