This zesty Thai green salad recipe is both healthy and filling. Load up on your greens and your protein, too. Lime-marinated pork makes this a hefty salad recipe!
Thai Green Salad Recipe
Thai Green Salad Ingredients
- 250 Grams pork use ground pork
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- fish sauce (patis) to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 350 Grams Romaine lettuce washed and spun dry
- 1/3 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 Cup cilantro (wansoy)
- 2 tablespoons green papaya shredded
- 2 tablespoons green mango shredded
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts roasted
- 1/4 Cup pork (use ground pork), cooked
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 1/4 Cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chili flakes
- Marinate ground pork in 2 tablespoons lime juice for 10 minutes. Heat water in a pan over high heat. Cook pork for 5 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with Thai fish sauce. Transfer to a bowl. Mix in 1 tablespoon lime juice; cool.
- Divide romaine lettuce leaves among 4 bowls. Top each with basil leaves, cilantro eaves, shredded green papaya, shredded green mango, roasted cashew nuts, and cooked ground pork. Set aside.
- Combine lime juice, water, sugar, Thai fish sauce, salt, and grated garlic; mix until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in vegetable oil and a pinch of chili flakes. Drizzle on salad or serve on the side.