A popular Taiwanese recipe, the term “three– cup” refers to the trinity of sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, and soy sauce. The dish was traditionally made with one cup each of the three ingredients.
Three-Cup Chicken Recipe
Three-Cup Chicken Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup sesame oil divided
- 2 tablespoons ginger sliced
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- cloves from 1 bulb garlic Garlic use cloves from 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 3 cups Chicken (use breast part), cubed
- Fried Basil
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Fry ginger slices until browned.
- Boil together soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sugar, and garlic until reduced by half.
- Add remaining sesame oil and chicken cubes. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half again.
- Top with fried basil and serve.