A comforting bowl of tinola always hits the spot. This tinola or chicken stew recipe is made of ginger, green papaya, fish sauce, dahon ng sili and chicken. Make and share this classic Filipino dish in seven easy steps!
Tinolang Manok Recipe
A comforting bowl of tinola always hits the spot.
Tinolang Manok Ingredients
- 1 whole Chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 piece green papaya cut into wedges
- 3 cups water
- 1 Table Spoon Garlic minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 thumb ginger cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Put in the chicken and cook until color turns light brown.
- Add the fish sauce and mix well.
- Pour the water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the green papaya / sayote wedges and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW