Looking for a low-fat fish dish? Ginger and lemongrass add bright flavors to this light fish soup.
Tinowang Isda Recipe
Looking for a low-fat dish? Try this!
Tinowang Isda Ingredients
- 1 1-inch piece ginger sliced
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 medium tomato use green tomato, quartered
- 1 medium ripe tomato quartered
- 1 kilo Pompano scaled and gutted
- 2 lemongrass bulbs pounded
- 2 stalks leek sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1 bundle sweet potato tops (talbos ng kamote)
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add ginger, onion, and tomatoes; simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add lemongrass and leeks.
- Just before serving, add sweet potato tops. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW