Prep these cookies ahead and place them in the freezer. When a sugar craving hits you, pop one or two in the toaster oven and bake to enjoy!
Toaster Oven Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Toaster Oven Chocolate Cookies Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 large Egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 large peanut butter cups we used Reeses
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract, mixing on low speed until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Scoop out 24 balls of dough using a 3-ounce ice cream scooper, about 2 tablespoons each. Flatten balls into 3- to 3½-inch cookies.
- Take a cookie and place a peanut butter cup on the center. Cover with another cookie and press sides together to seal. Repeat with remaining cookies and peanut butter cups. Place stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake cookies for 18 minutes straight from the refrigerator. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Serve with milk, if desired. Store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days at room temperature or for 1 week in the refrigerator.