Why not make your tofu dishes even more interesting? This flavorful black beans sauce is the perfect addition to crunchy pieces of tofu!
Tofu in Black Bean Sauce Recipe
Tofu in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/4 kilo block extra-firm tofu
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1-inch chunk fresh ginger julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper julienned
- 2 tablespoons Chinese fermented black beans
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the tofu into 2-inch squares. Pat dry and then fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and red bell pepper in oil. Add the black beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Add water, if necessary. Let simmer again for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Arrange tofu in a small platter then top with the black bean sauce.