Elevate fried tofu with an oriental sauce studded with fresh mushrooms and ginger. Pair it with bowls of steamed rice.
Tofu with Soy-Ginger Sauce Recipe
Tofu with Soy-Ginger Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 200 Grams firm tofu (tokwa) sliced into rectangles
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup ginger julienned
- 1 teaspoon Leeks sliced
- 1/4 Cup fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Chinese soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/8 piece chicken bouillon cube
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup snow peas (sitsaro)
- 1 teaspoon Potato starch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- kinchay (parsley) for garnish
- sesame oil for drizzling
- rice (steamed), to serve
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a frying pan. Fry tofu until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan. Sauté garlic, onions, ginger, leeks, and mushrooms.
- Add rice vinegar, rice wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and bouillon cube. Mix well and bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add snow peas and fried tofu. Lower heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add dissolved potato starch and simmer until thick.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with kinchay leaves. Drizzle with a few drops of sesame oil. Serve with steamed rice.