Low in calories and high in protein, soy-based products are a favorite among vegetarians. They’re also known for various health benefits, including reducing risk of heart disease and lowering bad cholesterol level.
Tofu with Pea Shoots, Bean Sprouts, and Edamame Recipe
Tofu with Pea Shoots, Bean Sprouts, and Edamame Ingredients
- 1 tofu (tokwa) cut into 8 squares
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 1 Cup Tom Yao
- 2 cups bean sprouts (togue)
- 1/4 Cup edamame (green soybeans) shelled
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Put tofu squares and cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Add pea shoots and bean sprouts, and stir until wilted. Stir in shelled edamame.
- Add soy sauce, stock, and sesame oil. Return tofu to pan and simmer for 1 minute. Serve hot.