Try this tofu and tausi recipe! Salty fermented black soybeans, or tausi, has complex layers of umami and can make your dishes extra flavorful.
Tokwa't Tausi Recipe
Tokwat Tausi Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 100-gram can tausi (fermented black beans) rinsed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 300 Grams tofu (tokwa) drained, cut into 1-inch cubes, deep-fried, and drained
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- kinchay (parsley) to garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes. Add tausi and cook for 2 minutes. Add rice wine; allow to boil, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Add to pan to thicken sauce until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add fried tofu. Mix well. Season to taste with pepper and soy sauce. Turn off heat. Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with kinchay sprigs.