There isn’t a combination more classic than tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and basil. This pasta dish features all three in one tantalizing treat.
Tomato and Balsamic Pasta Recipe
Tomato and Balsamic Pasta Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 400 Grams spaghetti
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 300 Grams tomatoes use cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil sliced thinly, plus more leaves to garnish
- parmesan cheese shaved, to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt. Cook spaghetti according to package directions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, simmer vinegar and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until reduced to half. Whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in tomatoes and basil.
- Drain pasta and toss with balsamic vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.