Whip up a fantastic pasta dish with just a handful of ingredients! Enjoy it warm or cold, paired with grilled meat.
Tomato and Mozzarella Penne Recipe
Tomato and Mozzarella Penne Ingredients
- 250 Grams penne pasta
- 1 Cup mozzarella grated
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup basil leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and drain.
- Transfer warm pasta to a bowl and immediately add mozzarella cheese and diced tomatoes. Mix well until cheese is melted. If mixture is too dry, add reserved pasta water by the tablespoon.
- Add basil, season with salt and pepper, and toss. Divide among bowls and serve immediately. Alternatively, you can refirgerate the pasta and serve it cold.