Giniling (ground meat) makes a lot of dishes easier to make. This omelet uses ground beef and it’s so fast and easy, it’s a great idea to make for breakfast.
Tortang Beef Giniling Recipe
Tortang Beef Giniling Ingredients
- 1 medim red onion peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/4 kilo Ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 large potato peeled, cubed small
- 3 large eggs beaten
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- In a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and then garlic, cooking until just softened. Add tomatoes and saute until softened. Add beef and cook until cooked through. Season with soy sauce and ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, leaving any excess fat in the pan. Set bowl aside.
- In the same pan with the oil, add potatoes. Cook until tender, stirring regularly. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to the bowl, and mix with the beef. Let cool slightly. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and mix until well blended.
- Heat the nonstick pan again over medium heat. Spoon about half the beef mixture into the pan, spreading the beef and potatoes in a single layer. Cook until browned and firm on all sides. Using a spatula, flip the omelet over and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining beef. Serve while hot.