Love milk? These cupcakes have a creamy milk filling you will enjoy!
Tres Leches Cupcakes Recipe
Tres Leches Cupcakes Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 3/4 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 large Egg separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cream of tartar
- 1/3 Cup condensed milk
- 1/3 Cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 Cup full cream milk
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a 3-ounce, 12-cavity muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Whip egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy. Add cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold meringue into the cake batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make the milk mixture: combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes; do not remove them from the pan. Using a fork, poke holes on the cupcakes and spoon the milk mixture slowly until the cupcakes absorb all of it. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired.