This biko is made more special with some tsokolate and coconut.
Tsokolate Biko with Sweetened Coconut Sauce Recipe
Tsokolate Biko with Sweetened Coconut Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 piece tablea tsokolate roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream
- 1 300-ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Cup freshly grated coconut (niyog)
- Salt to taste
- Grease baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- Dissolve tsokolate tablea, muscovado sugar, and salt in coconut milk. Mix malagkit and 1 cup of the milk mixture and pour into a rice cooker. Cover and cook. When rice timer pops up, fluff up rice, then stir in remaining coconut milk, and cook again. When rice timer pops up again, leave to cool. Scoop out and spread in the prepared dish. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix condensed milk and egg yolk in a saucepan. Place over a low flame and stir constantly, removing from the flame regularly to prevent yolk from setting. Do not let the mixture boil. Cook until thickened. Remove from flame and stir in niyog and a pinch of salt to taste. Let cool. Spoon over biko, slice and serve.