This easy-to-make fried dumplings are filled with tuna, cheese and other ingredients that create a flavorful taste that your kids will surely enjoy. These golden parcels make for a delicious starter or snack. Try throwing other vegetables like spinach, zucchini, or bell peppers into the mix. Try this delicious and versatile cheesy tuna dumplings today!
Tuna and Cheese Dumplings Recipe
Tuna and Cheese Dumplings Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/2 Cup carrot grated
- 1/4 Cup celery chopped
- 2 180-gram cans Canned Tuna Flakes In Oil drained
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese grated
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 Small Egg beaten
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce or to taste
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Sauté vegetables until tender. Set aside; let cool.
- Combine cooled vegetables, tuna, and cheese in a bowl.
- Place a small amount of the mixture on the center of a wonton wrapper. Fold wrapper to form a triangle and brush the sides with beaten egg to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Make the spicy mayo: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Deep-fry dumplings in batches until cheese is melted and the dumplings are crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Arrange dumplings on a platter and serve with spicy mayo.
TIP: Instead of wonton wrappers, you can also use lumpia wrapper. Alternatively, you can use filo pastry and bake the parcels instead of frying them.