Red peppers get pureed into a thick cream cheese sauce for a delicious fried dumpling!
Tuna and Red Pepper Cheese Pockets Recipe
Tuna and Red Pepper Cheese Pockets Ingredients
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Small bell pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 1 Table Spoon milk
- 112 Grams cream cheese softened
- 185 Grams Canned Tuna In Water drained, flaked
- 24 large Wanton Wrappers
- Oil for deep-frying
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon oil, and sauté garlic and red bell peppers until softened. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender. Add milk and cream cheese, and process until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir in tuna flakes.
- In the middle of a wanton wrapper, place a teaspoon of the tuna filling. Wet the edge of one side of the wrapper with a little water and fold it in half, pressing down on the wet edges to seal in the filling. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- In a deep saucepan over medium high flame, heat enough oil to cover the tuna pockets. Slip a pocket into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.