Do you have canned tuna stocked in your pantry, too? Use it to whip up easy meals.Tuna and tomatoes are a delicious pairing, transforming this into an all-in-one rice dish.
Tuna and Tomato Rice Recipe
Tuna and Tomato Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Small red onion peeled, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1 184-gram can Canned Tuna Chunks In Oil
- 1/2 Cup garbanzos drained
- 1/2 Cup frozen green peas thawes
- 1 Small red bell pepper seeded, cubed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups day-old rice
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large wok over medium heat, heat oil. Once hot, add onion, then garlic, cooking until softened and fragrant. Add tuna and half its oil, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garbanzos, peas, and bell pepper. Cook, sautéing, until just heated through. Stir in tomato paste.
- Toss in rice, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until rice is heated through. Remove from heat, and serve. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.