Satisfy your Japanese cravings with a hefty tuna rice bowl. You’ll be enjoying the fish raw, so use only the freshest tuna you can get your hands on.
Tuna Donburi (Tuna Rice Bowl) Recipe
Tuna Donburi (Tuna Rice Bowl) Ingredients
- 250 Grams fresh sashimi-grade tuna
- lime juice
- 1/2 Cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups Japanese rice cooked
- Nori (dried seaweed) (flakes), for topping
- Chop tuna finely. Season with salt or dashi, and lime juice. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the Japanese sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide Japanese rice between 2 bowls. Drizzle with Japanese sauce then top with chopped tuna, nori flakes, and green onions. Serve immediately.