Lumpiang shanghai is a Pinoy party staple but you can change it up by experimenting with the filling. Surprise everyone with this take on lumpia: tuna is used in the creamy filling!
Tuna Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Tuna Lumpiang Shanghai Ingredients
- 1 Cup Potatoes grated, in water
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Cup carrot grated
- 1 Cup cabbage shredded
- 2 cans Canned Tuna In Water drained
- 20 pieces lumpia wrapper
- Oil for sauteing
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat about 2 tablespoons oil. Add drained potatoes and sauté until cooked. Remove from heat, transfer potatoes to a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, heat another tablespoon of oil. Add garlic and sauté until softened. Season with a little salt. Add and quickly sauté carrots, then cabbage. Add in drained tuna and flake. Return potatoes to the pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make Garlic Mayo: In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder, 1?2 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and finely ground black pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley. Set aside until ready to serve.