Turmeric gives this rice dish a lovely aroma and a bright yellow color. Serve it on its own or as a side to grilled and roasted mains.
Turmeric and Squid Rice Recipe
Turmeric and Squid Rice Ingredients
- 2 cups jasmine rice rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Carrots
- 200 Grams Squid (Pusit) cleaned and sliced into rings
- Salt to taste
- Combine rice, stock, turmeric, onions, and frozen vegetables in the bowl of a rice cooker. Steam until rice is almost cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add squid rings on top of rice and cook, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss rice and squid before serving.