This Vietnamese turmeric fish recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients—both turmeric and dill are revered for their anti-inflammatory properties.
Turmeric Fish Recipe
Turmeric Fish Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (luyang dilaw) minced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger crushed
- 1/2 Cup dill leaves chopped
- 2 fillets cream dory about 500 grams, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup fish sauce (patis)
- 3 red finger chilies (siling haba) minced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 1/2 Cup green onion chopped
- 1 200 gram pack vermicelli (sotanghon) noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 Cup dill leaves
- 1/2 Cup cilantro (wansoy) leaves
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 red finger chilies (siling haba) sliced
- lemon to serve
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound together fish sauce, turmeric, ground turmeric, garlic, ginger, and dill to make a paste. Add paste to fish and mix to coat each piece completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the nuoc cham: mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until golden; set aside.
- Add remaining oil and sear fish until cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add green onions and toss.
- Portion noodles among bowls. Top with fish and onions. Garnish with peanuts, dill, cilantro, basil, chilies, and more green onions. Serve with nuoc cham and lemon rounds on the side.