This ube-banana fried burrito recipe is a twist on the Filipino favorite, turon. For an extra indulgent treat, serve these with a dipping sauce of melted chocolate spiked with chili powder.
Ube-Banana Fried Burrito Recipe
Ube-Banana Fried Burrito Ingredients
- 1/2 8-ounce bar cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (gata)
- 1/2 Cup ube halaya jam
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 10 6-inch Flour tortillas
- 5 banana (saba variety), sliced in half lengthwise
- Oil for deep-frying
- Whisk together cream cheese, coconut milk, ube halaya, and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Lay a tortilla in a clean flat surface. Place half a saba banana in the center. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons ube mixture. Fold tortilla sides over and roll to seal. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Deep-fry chimichangas until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes.