Ube is the perfect Pinoy overnight oats flavor. This is a great idea to use for any leftover ube halaya that you need to consume.
Ube and Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
Ube and Banana Overnight Oats Ingredients
- 1 lakatan banana mashed
- 3 tablespoons ube halaya divided
- 1/4 Cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon honey
- chocolate chips for topping
- toasted peanuts Chopped, for topping
- quick-melting cheese grated, for topping
- 1 drop ube flavoring or to taste
- Mash the banana. Mix in 1 tablespoon ube halaya and ube flavoring if using. Add old-fashioned rolled oats, milk, chia seeds, poppy seeds, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and honey. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- In a jar or glass cup, smear the remaining ube halaya on the sides of the glass. Fill the glass with the oat mixture. Add toppings as desired. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, add additional fresh milk before eating.